lunes, 29 de agosto de 2016

Reseña: Juana and Lucas

+Digital copy gently provided by Netgalley in exchange for a honest review+


Juana and Lucas 

by  

Juana Medina


96 pages
Expected publication: September 27th 2016 by Candlewick Press
ISBN
0763672084 (ISBN13: 9780763672089)
Edition Language English
My rating: 3 stars




I wanted to read something fluffy after my last book, so I grab this. A children book. Cute drawings, btw.

Juana lives in Bogota, Colombia, goes to school, has a dog (Lucas), and talks about her dailies activities , plus likes and dislikes as every child. 



I'm not really sure, but the story seems directed to bilingual children, there are spanish words in some points (kind of spanglish), and that confused me a bit. Then the ejem big conflict in the book is because she didn't understand why she has to learn The English.


, and the people around her 'enlightened' her, or maybe 'enticed' her would be more apt.

The pdf copy I get has some words not really visible, or maybe a different base color should allow to read it?








And I found an error:
j3

Mrs. Juana, the word in that case is
"pensar"
and not "pensando".

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario